Shaw Family Genealogy
Alma Shaw married Frederick Caywood. She was our great-grandmother.
Her daughter, Ruth Marie Caywood married Ralph E. Wheeler. Ruth and Ralph were our father’s parents.
The Shaw family were from Onondaga county, New York, probably near Skaneateles.
A Civil War draft registration from 1863 lists an Orrin Shaw, aged 23, drafted from Marcellus, Onondaga county. He is married and listed as a laborer. This person may be Alma's father.
Alma and Frederick owned their house and raised their family on Franklin Street in Binghamton, New York. They both died in 1928.
Alma Shaw born about 1862.
Married: Frederick Caywood (born about 1861).
Children: 1. Cora I Caywood, born about 1886.
2. Charles H Caywood, born about 1889.
3. Frank I Caywood, born about 1891.
4. William Caywood, born about 1893.
5. Ruth Marie, born May 1894.
m. Ralph Earl Wheeler.
6. Arthur B Caywood, born about 1898.
7. Dorothy M. , born about 1900.
Owen Shaw born about 1840. Married: Lucyette Van Camp ( born about 1845) about 1861, Onondaga county, New York: Skaneateles?
Children: 1. Alma Shaw born about 1862.
m. Frederick Caywood .
2. Owen Shaw, born about 1865.
3. Mira Shaw, born about 1867.
4. Frank Shaw, born about 1869.
5. Charlie Shaw, born about 1873.
From 1865 New York State Census
From 1875 New York State census